Monday, April 26, 2010

Pretend Salsa

This is what I make when I am craving salsa. It is not true salsa, but it is SO easy and it hits the spot for me. It makes a lot so be ready, but don't worry, you can eat it all!

1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can yellow corn
1 can white corn
1/3 cup red onion
1 Tbs. basil
8 roma tomatoes chopped in chunks
1 medium bottle Italian dressing

Drain and rinse all the canned items, then add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
You can eat it right away, but I like to chill it for a while first. So good. I have some in my fridge right now!

2 comments:

Alexis said...

This sounds yummy! My sis-in-law makes something like this that I always want to try... but hers has avacodos in it, do you have a specific brand/type of italian dressing that you use - there are so many of them.

Stewart Family said...

I use the zesty italian. I think it is from Kraft. I like the little kick it gives to it. I hope this helps. Miss you!!