Sunday, April 7, 2013

skinny oreo cupcakes

I have been trying to watch what I eat, counting calories and all those terrible things.  I thought at first, "hey, maybe I will cut out my sugar and then I won't have to count as much."  Um......that lasted about a day.  So, I decided that I will keep eating sugar, just not as much.  I started looking for low calorie recipes and I found this one on Six Sisters website.  I made these today for dessert, and I can tell you that THEY ARE AMAZING!  Combined with how they taste and how easy they are to make, they will be a go to recipe for a long time.  They can also be made with different combinations.

Skinny Cookies n' Cream Cupcakes Recipe:
(makes 24 cupcakes)

Cupcake Ingredients:
1 pkg. Devils Food Cake Mix
(just the powder, not the recipe on the box)
1 (12 ounce) can Diet Coke

Cupcake Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  Line 24 cupcake tins with paper liners. 
In a large bowl, combine cake mix and Diet Coke together. 
 Continue to mix until the batter is smooth without any lumps. 
Pour approximately 1/4 cup of batter into every cupcake wrapper. 
 Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Let cool before frosting. 
 
Frosting Ingredients: 
1 (8 ounce) container Fat Free Cool Whip
1 (4.2 ounce) pkg. Oreo Cookies and Cream
 Jell-o Instant Pudding and Pie Filling

Frosting Directions:
In a mixing bowl, add Cool Whip and pudding. 
 Mix with a whisk by hand or an electric hand mixer until smooth. 
 Spread over cooled cupcakes.  Makes enough frosting for 24 cupcakes.

Nutritional Information:
Each cupcake: 121 calories, 24 carbohydrates, 2 grams fat, 1 gram protein

No comments: