Sunday, April 7, 2013

Island Pork Tenderloin

Zach and I did P90X a few months ago and as hard as the workout was, the diet was even harder for me.  I LOVE to cook and a lot of the things I make were not on the diet.  Luckily P90X has a few recipes that were really good.  This is one of them.  This is good to eat alone, in a salad or wrapped in a tortilla.  I like to double this recipe and eat it for lunch for a few days.

Island Pork Tenderloin

16 oz. Pork tenderloin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. Chile powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. olive oil
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 TBL fresh garlic, finely chopped
1/2 TBL tabasco sauce

Preheat oven to 350.  Stir together salt, pepper, cumin, chile powder, and cinnamon, then coat pork with the spice rub.  Heat 1 TBL oil in skillet over moderately high heat and brown pork, turning, about 4 min. Stir together brown sugar, garlic, and tabasco and pat onto top of tenderloin.  Place pork in roasting pan and cook in the oven for 20 min.

* I just put mine on a big cookie sheet and I bake for 30 min when I do 2 of them. 

No comments: